April 15, 2013

Dreaming on the fly.

I know myself to dream on the fly. Last year around the first of May I imagined a beautiful orchard shoot with a big dress and one of my gorgeous friends as a model. To my dismay, when I called the orchard owner to ask if I could take pictures there, he replied I could... but I missed the blossoms by about two weeks.

48 weeks went by and I called him again. He again agreed and this time the peach and apple trees were in full bloom. It was like imagination ecstasy. I quickly recruited a friend, ordered a beautiful golden corset, and put together a huge tulle skirt.

But.

Unbeknownst to me, the corset was coming from China. To my knowledge it's still not stateside. I wasn't going to let it deter me. This shoot was not going to not happen this year. So I spent an entire day visiting every lingerie and thrift store in my area and I found a whole pile of nothing. My only option was my friend's corset that she forgot she even had. It wasn't the golden satiny goodness of the Chinese corset. It was better. It was soft pink and lacey. Oh, how I love lace. I plan on posting a tutorial of how I made the skirt.

Brittany was such a trooper. It was 40 degrees and 15-20 mph winds. Here are the fruits of our labor.








  

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a lovely photo shoot ...Wish I could have watched...A meant to be that the gold didn't arrive from China, Pink was the color of the day! Jenn

    ReplyDelete